Director Of Finance & Administration
Church Administrator Job Description
The Church Administrator supports ministry by ensuring that the support infrastructure of the church is running smoothly.
Financial and Legal
- Receive, count, enter, deposit, and reconcile weekly and monthly tithes and offerings received via weekend services, mail, online (Tithely, Canada Helps, e-transfer), pre-authorized debit, stock transfer, etc.
- Keep statistics and prepare reports on giving updating the Lead Pastor and Overseers on a regular basis. Prepare annual donation receipts.
- Receive, review, obtain authorizations, record, and pay bills and other expenses for the Church and Daycare.
- Plan for upcoming expenses and manage cash flow as required to meet the operational needs of the Church and Daycare.
- Manage payroll for Church staff and Daycare.
- Establish and manage bank accounts for the Church and Daycare
- Produce monthly financial reports for the Lead Pastor and Overseers
- Assist the Lead Pastor in developing an annual operating and capital budget
- Prepare materials for the board Finance Committee as required
- Prepare materials for and liaison with QCCC
- Prepare year-end accounting entries, year-end working papers and liaison with external auditor
- Ensure required government filings are completed and filed within required timeframes (e.g., Releve 1’s, Charity Information Return (T3010), Registraire des entreprises, Corporations Canada, etc. )
- Oversees and manages all contract management for all service providers
- Oversees cleaning, maintenance, and security of church facility
- Develops policies for facility use (Obtains approval from Lead Pastor and Overseers)
- Manages church schedule of events and related communication/coordination with volunteers
- Evaluates and manage insurance needs for the church (Obtains approval from Lead Pastor and Overseers)
AdministrativeCoordination of Volunteers related to your areas of management.
- Manages outsourced contracts such as IT/Social Media support for the church
- Oversight of Human Resources and will help develops policies and handbooks to support ministry activities. (Obtains approval from Lead Pastor and Overseers)
- Maintain Police checks for volunteers working with Minors and all necessary certifications.
- Provides support for Lead Pastor at monthly board meetings to provide information, prepare reports, and answer questions
- Other administrative duties as required
- 3 – 5 years experience in accounting/finance, preferably in a church or ministry environment
- Excellent computer literacy including good working knowledge of Quickbooks, Microsoft Office (including Excel), church database management, etc.
- Excellent written communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Ability to keep sensitive information confidential
Expected start date: 2021-05-01
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent